To borrow a book:
- Click Issue on the touch screen
- Scan the barcode on your library card (this may also be your building access / university card)
- Place the book(s) in the black box
- Check that all your books have appeared in the list highlighted green (if highlighted red there is a problem with your account or the book – please speak to Lizzie or a library volunteer)
This machine is also used to return books. To do this just click Return and place the books in the black box.
Maximum items: 20
Loan period: 8 weeks (books)* or 1 week (journal issues)
Renewals: Unlimited (books) or 7 (journal issues)
*You must be able return the item within 1 week should someone else request it. If you are going away and wish to take a book with you speak to the library manager.
To renew your books:
- Go to the library catalogue
- Log in to your account using the code under the barcode on your card
- Click on your name in the Account information box and follow the instructions to renew your loans
Requests / Recalls
Due to the workplace nature of the library and it’s users, there is no formal recall process. If you would like to use a book that is recorded as On loan contact Lizzie. You will be put in touch with person who has the book to arrange access between you.